¡Hola! Barcelona Day 2

¡Hola!   It’s time for day two! For those of you who follow my blog (thank you and love you, by the way,) you probably know my affection for champagne, sparkling wines, and wines themselves. Although I’m no wine connoisseur, but I know that I have a passion in this field and would like to…

¡Hola! Barcelona Day 1

¡Hola! After spending 9 days exploring, indulging, and traveling around Spain, I managed to collect so much information, sample so many dishes, and capture many moments to share with you all. However, knowing me, I kinda went overboard with the picture taking . But how could I not when everything seemed so new and exotic…

Tasting with the nose @ Scent Dinner

Did you know that you only taste 5% of your food and the other 95% of the “flavor” is scent? I learned that puzzling fact at the “Scent Dinner” with Chandler Burr at the Four Seasons Hotel’s 11th World Gourmet Festival last night. As I already touched upon this event briefly in my previous post…

Accesible Wines

For those of you who follow my blog, you would probably know that I’m a big fan of wines. I took a very interesting wine class in college where I got to taste wines from all over the world while learning all about them starting from viticulture processes, effects of geography, fermentation steps, wine laws,…

Napa, Oaked or Not

A couple of months back, I was lucky enough to be spending some glorious days in the glamorous Napa. Although my recollection of every little nitty gritty details of the trip is very vague; the lasting good impression remains (maybe the wines are partly responsible.) I remember overindulging in every possible way – how could…

Drinks, Anyone?

In a town where a good neighborhood hangout spot is a rare gem and everything is one horrendous I’ve-been-stuck-here-for-an-hour ride away, it can become extremely frustrating if you end up hating the place that you’re at. In order to avoid major disappointment and the need to vent it out on the poor, unsuspecting, and confused…