I think one of the most used sayings out there is “don’t judge a book by its cover,” today I’m giving those wise words a little twist and changing it into “don’t judge a cake by it’s appearance.” Though this gluten-free flourless chocolate cake is not a looker, one bite into its decadent creamy richness, and you’ll forget about it’s plain appearance, heck, you’ll even forget about all the pretty 7 layers chocolate cakes out there. Yes, it’s that good!
But, if you are not a chocoholic, please stay well away from it. It’s like death by chocolate in a piece of cake.
- 60 ml water
- 60 ml Kahlua
- 2 g salt
- 150 g white sugar
- 500 g dark chocolate
- 225 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven at 150 C
- Grease and line 10 ” springform pan with parchment paper, wrap the pan in foil to seal out the water while baking in the water bath.
- Combine the water, kahlua, salt and sugar. Melt on low heat and stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
- In a microwave, melt the dark chocolate in 30 secs interval, stirring in between, until completely dissolved.
- Pour the chocolate into an electric mixer and start adding in the cubes of butter and beat until combined.
- Slowly pour in the warm prepared syrup, then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake cake in the water bath for 45 minutes. The cake should still look a little wet. DO not panic if the surface is not perfectly smooth, it’s normal for this cake.
- Leave to cool down and refrigerate the cake for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Run a hot knife around the set cake before unmolding. This cake is best eaten with whipped cream or ice-cream.
6 Comments Add yours
wow, that looks amazing!
Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to no back up.
Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?
It’s remarkable to pay a visit this site and reading the views of all friends about this paragraph, while I am also zealous of getting experience.
Thanks for the marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.
I will be sure to bookmark your blog and
definitely will come back from now on. I want to encourage you to continue your great job,
have a nice morning!
Hello admin do you need unlimited articles for your site ?
What if you could copy content from other pages, make it pass copyscape
test and publish on your page – i know the right tool
for you, just search in google:
Loimqua’s article tool