My current obsession is hazelnut. I sprinkle them on top of ice-cream, I eat them with toast and Nutella, I like them with some creamy ricotta, and now I love them in my double chocolate cookies! This recipe has been slightly modified from the tried and tested Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie from Allrecipes.com.
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie with Hazelnuts (Adapted from Allrecipes.com)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chunks and hazelnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until the outside is set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely since they well harden a little bit. If you touch them straight away, they would not hold their shapes.