I know I have multiple brownie recipes here on the site, but I stumbled upon this one recipe on Allrecipes.com that has thousands of reviews, so I had to give it a try. However, I ended up completely changing the ingredients because the batter was way too cakey for my taste, and I don’t believe in brownies without “real chocolate.” Below is my adapted recipe:
Death by Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (and more for decoration)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts (and more for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan (I used a round cake pan)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate. Remove from heat, let it cool down for a few minutes and stir in sugar, eggs, and teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder. And stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts
- Spread batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips and walnuts on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.