I love Chrissy Teigen; I love her style, her sense of humor, the fact that she’s also mixed Thai, but now I’m starting to really dig her new cookbook “Cravings.”
I preordered and got it in the mail not too long ago but only just got a chance to try something out. The book truly represents its title; all the photos look scrumptious lily mouthwatering, and, truly, create some intense cravings.
I chose an easy brussle sprouts recipe since I almost had all the ingredients on hand, and let me tell you, it was quick, easy, and scrumptious! (I did not add the bacon and cranberries since I didn’t have them and I stopped eating pork about a year ago.)
Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts with Walnut and Blue Cheese (Cravings by Chrissy Teigen)
- 1.5 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 15 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Honey Balsamic Glaze (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts cup
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 450 F
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and honey, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer until the glaze is reduced by half and is thick with small bubbles forming in the entire surface – about 20 minutes. Remove and let cool. (You could keep this for a long time in an airtight container in the fridge.)
- In a bowl, toss together the brussels sprouts, garlic, olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. (I also roasted one whole garlic in there as well)
- Dump onto a large baking sheet, spreading them around so everything is in one layer.
- Roast until the undersides get browned and crisp about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss to release the undersides, and return to the oven to finish roasting, until some of the sprouts are charred and the garlic cloves are tender, about 10 minutes longer. more salt and
- Transfer to a platter and season to taste with pepper. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze, then scatter the walnuts and blue cheese all over the top.
3 Comments Add yours